Thursday, June 1, 2017

I Need Your Help!



Hello everyone! I hope your week is going well, it's been like what two weeks since I last talked to you all? Well I'm back this week and I need your help!

What do you need help with Marrok?

I need you all to send me all the money you can... Naaaa I'm just kidding. But I do need your help choosing something. So if you don't know Jaye L. Knight holds a Fan Art Contest for her book series the Ilyon Chronicles and will be holding one this year. And since I though to myself at the beginning of the year "hey I though the books where good, I'll do something for the contest, plus it will help me with my digital drawing skills" and I ended up with three different pieces representing different aspects of the series, but I can't choose which ONE to enter. That's where you come in my friend! In the comments below let me know which piece you think I should enter.
(Just as a warning if you haven't read the series yet these pictures may be a spoiler. As they are based off different part of the series and stuff like that.)

Okay so first up we have...

1)Morning Flight







The idea behind this is that Kaden has taken out his dragon for a morning flight. This is the first digital drawing I EVER did (as you can tell it isn't that great) so I was still learning the in's and out's of digital drawing.

Next we have...

2) The Ending

The idea behind this one is that Jace and Kyrin have finally reached the end of their story, so I tried to give it that "end of the story" look.

And finally...

3) Goodbye old-ones

There are two versions of this. I couldn't decide which I liked better. (Maybe you could help with that?)

Version #1

Version #2

The idea for this one was taken from that part in the first book where the old people are killed and they burn the house. This was the first time I EVER drew someone crying. Probably should have added more tears and stuff but hey.


So those are the ones I did. Let me know which one is your favorite and for what reason. Now There is something I do want to state. I am, in no way, trying to solicit votes from you all. When the Fan Art Contest voting is open, and if you happen to take part in it, just choose whoever did the best job. Call me crazy but I think the best artist should always win (not the one who knows the most people). But what I do want is an honest opinion of which you think I should enter, and if you have any critiques or criticism I would more the love to hear them!

Wait Marrok! What about the request things we gave you? do you have anything to show us?

Oh yeah! I do actually! (Keep in mind these are all still in sketch form. The finished product will probably look different) 

First up we have the one Anonymous gave. Now Anonymous gave me a real challenge, Steampunk Captain America (like dude, or dudette, that's hard, it's Cap after all! his costume is to good to try and mess up with steampunk) . So I went with a Rocketeer look because lets face it, Cap with a jet pack is a must.

Next up Megs (sorry I would link your blog but I couldn't find it)asked for a Hawaiian vacation Sherlock (I'm assuming it's the Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock. Let me know if you meant a different one). I'm still working on his face, I want to make sure I capture that Benedict look.




Thirdly Karyssa asked for a Leith from Blades of Acktar in Steampunk. Now I haven't read the series yet so I just went off a character description and what I imagined a steampunk assassin  would look like.


And finally Raechel asked for Astrid from HTTYD in an authentic Viking dress.


As you can see I'm still working on all of them. Next time you see them they will be finished and may or may not look different.

And since I'm asking you about stuff what's your opinion on the sidebar picture? should I change it back to the drawing of me or do you like actually seeing the picture of me? does it feel more personal that way or is it out of place?

And that's a wrap! have a great week and I'll be seeing you next time. I got something really special for you all and I hope you enjoy it! Until Next Time! Stay True to the King!

Please do not repost drawings made my me without my permission.

Pictures and gif's used are not owned by me and neither do I clam them as such. All credit goes to their rightful owners/creators.


22 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Literally, I got to the second picture and I was like, "Okay, nope. I can't. I can't do this, it's too hard!" Seriously, all three are AMAZING!! <3 Couldn't you enter all of them?

    But, after sitting here for something like half an hour, I say you should enter #2 The Ending. Why? How about I use the classic parental response and say, Because I said so! ;P No, I actually really really like the colors in that one and it seems a little more detailed, I think. And, it feels... softer? If that makes any sense. :P They're all soo good, but I'm assuming I'm only allowed to choose one, so I'm going with #2. :)

    Oh, your sketches are great! For not having read the Blades of Acktar yet, I think you did a pretty good job with Leith. ;)

    I know I already kinda gave you my opinion on this, but I actually like your new profile pic. It does feel a little more personal with this one.

    Now I really want to know what you're going to do next time, since you said that you have something really special for us. Is it next time yet? ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karyssa! I could enter all of them but I only want to enter one (which is the reason I need your help) ( ï½°̀εー́ )

      Oh that classic parental response! Yeah I was going for a softer look to #2 The Ending.

      Okay cool! yeah I know you already did, but I just wanted to see what everyone though about it.

      Hehehehe yeah it's really special. I'll give you a hint... it has to do with something that starts with a "D"

      Delete
  2. Wow, all three of these are really good! I personally like the third one best, version 1. I really like all the emotion in it. And wow the other drawings you did are great too! The one of Leith is looking really cool. I've read the first Blades of Acktar book and I think you did a good job with him!
    As for the new sidebar picture, I really like it! I think it's better than what you had before but maybe I was just looking for a change. :P
    Can't wait to see what other things you have in store for us!
    Thanks Rockie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! The third one, V1 was very interesting to say the lest. I've never worked with that kind of emotion in a drawing before so it was fun!

      Thanks! I'm glad to hear (from people who've read the book) that I'm handling the character well.

      Okay cool! Yeah I was feeling like I should change it to something a little more personal (without totally spoiling a face reveal I have planned). Thanks for the feedback it's super helpful!

      Delete
    2. Wait, you're planning to reveal your face to the internet? Why haven't you told us about that?!

      Delete
    3. Because... hehehe... it's part of something that is coming (hopefully) soon...

      Delete
    4. Ah secrets and surprises huh? Well, I guess I'll have to patiently wait for whatever you have planned... *secretly stalks you to see if I can find out what it is*

      Delete
  3. Ah! I love all of them but #2 was my favorite! If the series ends on a note like that I'll be so happy! It really seems to capture the relationship between Kyrin and Jace and it just has this wonderful bittersweet 'ending' feeling in it.

    Also, great job on Leith. I've read most of the BoA series and he looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therru! I'm glad you think I was able to capture the relationship between Kyrin and Jace. So far that's 2 votes for "The Ending" and 1 for "Goodbye old-ones"

      Thanks! I feel like he needs a like more of a steam in the punk :P

      Delete
  4. I like #1 Goodbye Old Ones.

    Ha! It was meant to be challenging, but I like the look so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But which version of #3 Goodbye Old-Ones do you like better?

      That it was Anonymous. And it sure is a challenge! I don't even want to think about color yet :P

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I meant the first Goodbye Old Ones, Version #1 of #3. :)

      Delete
  5. OOH I LOVE THEM ALL. But... I thought I read in Jaye's email that you could enter more than one piece of art? Maybe? Not sure though because I don't do art (unless stick people counts) so I deleted the email right after I read it. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Dude! Oh yes you can enter more than one. But I just would like to enter only one (makes it more challenging). I know you said you "LOVE THEM ALL" but do you have a favorite one you would pick?

      Delete
    2. OH OKAY. XD That threw me off for a second... I was like "why doesn't he just enter all of them...?" xD Hmmm... I think I like the second one the best? I think it's because it has the most color and it feels really aesthetic, maybe. :D

      Delete
    3. Okay! everyone seems to like that one the best, Thanks Johnathan for you impute!

      Delete
  6. AAAHHH I LOVE FAN ART. #2 is DEFINITELY my favorite. The colors are just great and it's really sweet.

    And Leith from Blades of Acktar is awesome xD I can easily picture him like that... in steampunk, of course.

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo we got another vote for #2! The way it's looking I will probably send up sending in that one.

      Thanks! coloring him will be fun, I can't wait to use all the browns it will need.

      Delete
  7. Very cool drawings! I like no. 2 best, I think.
    I like the Sherlock base drawing! I'm good with having it be Benedict Cumberbatch. I've really only seen Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes. But then, it doesn't matter who's face it is. Sherlock is cool no matter who's playing the part. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's cool, I think #2 is a lot of peoples favorite

      Ahaha Thanks! I can alter it to look more like Basil Rathbone. Yeah he's like batman, without being batman

      Delete
    2. #2 is just really cool. Love the vibrant colors. Very eye-catching. You did a great job on it!

      Ah yes. Batman. Exactly. Same difference. xD

      Delete

I love seeing what you have to say, and I try to always respond to every comment so feel free to come back and check