Thursday, June 15, 2017

Dinosaurs and Dragons



Hello everyone and welcome back! So I don't know if you know this, but one of my favorite animals when I was a kid was dinosaurs. I was soo into them as a kid. I learned a ton of their names, I watched a ton of documentaries about them. There was even a point in which I learned in which time periods which dinosaurs "came into being". Yeah I was that kind of geek kid. But then there came a point in which a problem was presented to me. Well actually it was two different problems. But before I tell you what they where I wanted to ask you two question.
1) When you hear dinosaurs what do you think of? Are you like me and immediately think of this movie


And maybe you also think they lived millions of years before man.  
2) When you hear Dragon what do you think of? does this face pop up.

Are Dragons just beings of fantasy that live in our minds alone?
So the problems or issues that came up where "If your a Christian then you can't believe in dinosaurs because the Bible never talks about them" and then there was "Believing in the Bible is like believing in fairy tales, why? because the Bible has dragons in it. And dragons are not real"
So where did that leave me? I knew dinosaurs where real because of their bones, but what about dragons? No one has ever found dragon bones. After all dragons are not real right? Right?...Well what if I told you that Dinosaurs and Dragons are one in the same. What if I told you that Dinosaurs are not only in the Bible but also lived with humans until their “disappearance”. Would you believe me?

Well maybe. If you provided some sort of proof to your claims

In that case it's a good thing I didn't come empty handed! So I've done some research into Dragons and Dinosaurs. That was one of the benefits of being homeschooled, being able to research this topic I was passionate about. And what I found was that there are many different forms of evidence that prove dinosaurs and dragons are one in the same. And that they lived alongside man. But three sources of evidence transcend the rest.

            The first form of evidence is the Bible;
     Right now your probably thinking
But way are you going to the Bible? there aren't any dinosaurs in the Bible. 
Well first of all I will always go back to the Bible. first because it is the ultimate Authority in my life because it's author was God, who created everything in this world. And seconded because it is the oldest surviving text in the world. So if it says something or mentioned something you know it's good for it. But your right, the word "dinosaur" doesn't appear in the Bible because the word was not invented until 1841. "Dinosaur" is a new word while the Bible was translated in 1611. So it couldn't be in there even if there was dinosaurs around because it wasn't invented yet. But up until 1841 “dinosaurs” where known by another name... “Dragon”.
An 1800 Dictionary defined Dragon as “Now Rare” or “Large Scaly Lizard”. And that was just 41 years before the word was invented. But guess what. Dragons are mentioned in several places the Bible. The first and most important being Genesis 1:21where God creates all the sea creatures. In that verse it mentions “Whales” (NKJV) and most translations have "whales" there. But what you may not have known is that the Hebrew word is “Tannin” which is better translated as “sea monster” or “dragon”. What would be a better translation of that verse would be

And God created the great sea dragons and every living creature that moves in the ocean.

   So even in the beginning the Bible says God created dragons. But Genesis is not the only place where dragons are mentioned. They are mentioned in places like Psalms 74:13, Isaiah 27:1 and 30:6. some other places are Duet 32:33. Job 7:12. Psalm 91:13. 148:7. Isaiah 51:9. Jeremiah 51:34. Nehemiah 2:13. Lamentations 4:3. Ezekiel 29:3. 32:2. Genesis 1:21. And Exodus 7:9,10,12.  (as a side note you may need an older translation of the Bible, like a King James or something older. Because a lot of the new translations just say snake)

    Now in Job 40:15-19, a creature is described in detail that fits the description of a large sauropod dinosaur like Apatosaurus.

     Now the Bible isn't a science textbook, or a history textbook But when it talks about anything dealing with science, history, biology, astronomy or anything it's been proven to be dead right. The Bible mentions all kinds of real animals. With the only exception being the book of Revelations (which may or may not be real). So why then would a dragon be mentioned if it was not real?

            The second piece of evidence is ancient cultures;
Ancient cultures all over the world have pretty accurate depiction of dinosaurs. The Inca’s have dinosaurs carved onto burial stones, with some even depicting them riding the dinosaurs.


In a Cambodian temple there is a depiction of a stegosaurus next to depictions of other real life animals.

In Utah the Anasazi Indians left several Petroglyphs and Pictographs of dinosaurs.

In Mexico dinosaur figurines where excavated.

     The Native Americans have a legend of a great bird that flies before the storms, it signals that storms are coming and makes thunder by the beating of it's wings. It also happens that the  Quetzalcoatlus
    is the largest Pterosaur every found. With a wingspan of 35 feet, and is theorized to only be able to fly only before great storms because of  the wind provided by the storm was the only thing able to get it off the ground.

     And guess what? Quetzalcoatlus fossils have been found in America which offer support to the Native American legends and the theory that it was a dinosaur . The only difference in each of these cases is that they where called either called dragons or something else.

    If you where to look at a modern depiction of a dinosaur and a depiction of a dragon from an ancient culture they look almost identical.  One then has to think, How are these primitive cultures all drawing accurate depictions of dinosaurs if they never seen one? Maybe the answer is because they really did see them. Maybe because dinosaurs didn’t really die out millions of years ago, but in fact lived among humans from the beginning of creation, until recently.

The last piece of evidence is that dinosaur blood and soft tissue has been found.
What’s so interesting about this is that the soft tissue, and red blood cells, are found in poorly preserved dinosaur fossils.



What’s makes that amazing is the way a fossil is made. Fossilization happens when something dies and is buried; rapidly after death. If this does not happen immediately after death, and some form of decay starts you will either have a poorly preserved fossil or no fossil at all. So how can we find soft tissue in a poorly preserved fossil if it died millions of years ago? Tissue can’t last that long, especially in a poorly preserved. That is the question that has scientist scratching their heads today. But a theory involving knights and dragons seems to explain the "how it happened".
Remember all those old legends of knights fighting off dragons? So a group of  Knights (or one) fights off a dragons (or what we now call dinosaurs) and heroically defeats it wining the hand of the princesses or some other kind of reward. And after they took whatever they wanted from the now dead dragon (because surprisingly a lot of medieval remedies call for dragon something), they would leave the dragon’s body to be burned or left to the birds. Now the dragon’s body being left out would start to decay, so if it was later buried by a mudslide, or an earthquake, it could become a poorly preserved fossil.

This is one way we could get soft tissue in a poorly preserved fossils.  Modern science can’t tell us how soft tissue was able to last for millions of years in a poorly persevered fossil. Because decaying tissue can't last for millions of years. If dinosaurs did not die out millions of years ago and lived with man up until recently, that would explain how soft tissue can be found in some dinosaur bones today.

            So after looking at the evidence from the Bible, from Ancient culture, and even from the bones of dinosaurs themselves. What do we have? What do they say?
 1) The Bible, being one of the oldest record books in the world, mentions dinosaur like animals as if they were everyday animals.
2) Ancient cultures have a very accurate descriptions of dinosaurs and accurate pictographs when supposedly no man had ever laid eyes on one.
3) Decaying tissue can't last millions of year in a poorly preserved fossil. But it can be possible with the "Knight/Dragon" theory. 
    So you have to ask yourself; if dinosaurs didn’t live with humans, how are such accurate descriptions possible? If they weren’t seeing dinosaurs, what were they seeing?

    And then there is still the matter of soft tissue. How can a poorly preserved fossil over millions of years old still contain soft tissue? Soft tissue can’t last millions of years in a poorly persevered fossil, because of the rate of decay.
    These questions may seem over-whelming, because it goes against everything we learned about dinosaurs in school.  But the facts supporting dinosaurs living with man is more convincing than anything else.

    Could the people who draw the ancient depictions have been crazy? Maybe. It is interlay possible that a crazy person could draw something like that. And even if they where crazy we are talking about an pretty accurate depiction of a dinosaur. But let me tell you this, no two crazies can draw the exact same thing.

I've come to the conclusion that Dinosaurs lived with man since the beginning, but sadly with their disappearance they faded from our memory and took a place in our lore as dragon. But does that mean that Dragons never exited? Well my thoughts on that will have to be saved for another post if. So let me know if that will be something you would like to see.
And as always Stay True to the King!


By the way what are your thoughts on the subject? I would love to hear them even if we don't agree.

Special thanks to all these guy for providing all the material for this paper/post

Eng, J. (2015, Jun 09). Scientists See Signs of Dinosaur Blood in 75-Million-Year-Old Fossils. Retrieved from NBC News: http://www.nbcnews.com/science/weird-science/dinosaur-blood-reported-found-75-million-year-old-fossils-n372446
Gish, D. T. (2004). Dinosaurs By Design. In D. T. Gish, Dinosaurs By Design (pp. 8-17). Green Forest: Master Books.
Ham, K. (2007, October 25). What Really Happened To the Dinosaurs? Retrieved from Answers In Genesis: https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/when-did-dinosaurs-live/what-really-happened-to-the-dinosaurs/
Hovind, K. (n.d.). What Happened to the Dinosaurs. Creation Seminar Part 3 Dinosaurs and the Bible DVD. Creation Today.
Johnson, B. (2002 , March 01). Thunderbrids . Retrieved from Answers in Genesis: https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/dragon-legends/thunderbirds/
Kyle Butt, E. L. (2008). Dinosaurs Unleashed . In E. L. Kyle Butt, Dinosaurs Unleashed (pp. 1-92). Montgomery: Apologetics Press, Inc.

Pictures and gifs used are not my own and neither to I clam them as such. All cried goes to their rightful owners/creators.

35 comments:

  1. WOW! I love this! You raised some interesting points that I've never really thought about before, and, as I think about it, I'm finding that I agree. Everything you said makes sense to me. I also very much appreciate the fact that you listed multiple Bible verses to support what you're saying. How much time did you spend on this?

    I would love it if you did a post on your thoughts on dragons. I think that would be VERY interesting.

    Also, I can't believe that I didn't guess this. Your hint was that it started with "D". I should have known this is what your surprise post was going to be about. *face palm*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karyssa! Yeah the Bible verses where kind of hard to find at first, I was like "what? my strong concordance says these have dragons, but all I see is snake!"

      It was actually re-worked from a paper I did. But it did take some time re-finding all that information.

      Cool! I really wanted to tackle my thoughts on dragons and other beast of legend but I didn't have enough time :P

      Hahah it's find, it was a rather unhelpful hint

      Delete
  2. Dragons! Ah, one of my favorite creatures!
    I agree with your points; Dragons are Dinosaurs, and vise versa.
    I've heard/read that in some places, like the deepest, darkest parts of Africa, there are still dragons (dinos) that inhabit some of the really deep swamps. I like to think that there are still some dragon'y creatures still hanging around. :)
    I agree with Karyssa. It's great how you used all those different Bible verses to back what you're saying.
    I would definitely enjoy reading more posts about dragons, and what you think about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard/read up on those sightings in Africa and other parts of the world. It gets pretty cool but I didn't have time/space to get to much into that. I didn't want to make this post any longer then it already was :D

      Thanks! I guess you can consider it as "coming soon" then!

      Delete
    2. Haha, good point...
      Great! looking forward to it! :D

      Delete
  3. THIS POST WAS AMAZING. My brother and I were dinosaur kids too (you know, stomping the models on the kitchen table and wrecking it ;). It wasn't until I started reading the bible by myself that I wondered about dinosaurs vs dragons. I've kinda always known that dragons used to exist, because they are explicitly mentioned in some translations of the bible. And Bryan Davis' series, Dragons in Our Midst, made a pretty good argument. But I totally forgot about dinosaurs until right now. This was a fantastic explanation of the topic!

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey! That's so cool! I have to say the wreaking part is always the funniest. Really? I always wondered in the back of my mind something that I'll talk about in a later post.
      Was that the one where all the dragons where killed off my the Knights or Dragon Slayers?

      Delete
    2. Yep, that's the one. Then in the next series, Oracles of Fire, the author takes us all the way back to the Garden of Eden and then the Flood. Eye of the Oracle was a super interesting novel!

      Delete
    3. Okay. I read the first series but I never got around to reading the Oracles of Fire.

      Delete
  4. Now here's a topic of which I wouldn't mind seeing more.
    The dragon/dinosaur connection fascinates me. Not only does it make science and history that much cooler, but there is so much story material in all of this!
    I seem to have developed a habit of slipping dinosaurs, or dinosaur-like creatures, into my writing. It can get a little odd, but I have a grand old time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Blue! First off I would like to welcome you, and thank you for dropping a comment, I hope you enjoy your time here on this blog!

      Thank you! it seems like I'm not the only one who liked dinosaurs/dragons. I totally agree with you, it does make science and history that much more interesting.
      Ha I don't see anything wrong with dinosaur (or dinosaur like creatures) making their way into your writing! The more the merrier if you ask me!

      Delete
  5. Yep, I agree - thought this way for a long time. It's not too hard to believe, with all the Biblical facts.
    I remember The Creation Museum has a bit about this topic, and it was fascinating. There's still hope of me owning a dragon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raechel! I got some of my information from the Creation Museum :D good stuff right? Hahah yeah owning a dragon would be sick.

      Delete
  6. I totally agree! Dinosaurs are dragons, same thing, just a new word for them. :)
    Do you know what dinosaur means? Terrible lizard or reptile.
    Sir Richard Owen thought it up.:)

    Great post! I also like how you used Bible verses!
    Looking forward to part II, dragons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tiffany! First off I want to say welcome! I hope you find your time on this blog to be enjoyable.

      Thank you! yeah I knew, it's kind of funny who the 1800's definition of dragon is so close to our new word for dinosaur.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! :)
      Oh, I noticed your blog title is missing the "s" in dinosaur. ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh man! *goes edits it* Thanks for pointing it out!

      Delete
  7. Great job on this post, Marrok! I enjoyed reading it! Dinosaurs and dragons have interested me for a long time. They are so fascinating! (I actually have a story/post on dinos and dragons myself if you want to check it out: http://cajuncrawfishwriter.blogspot.com/2017/02/dinosaurs-and-dragons-short-story-face.html?m=0 )

    And did you know that before the word dinosaur was invented, all large reptiles were called dragons? The term dinosaur is more narrow, and it refers only to reptilian land animals whose hip structures raise them off the ground. So dinosaurs are technically just specific types of dragons!

    It's sad how many "scientists" can see all these facts (blood in dinosaur fossils, etc.) and still claim that they lived millions of years before man. Even in recent years, there have been many reported sightings of huge "sea creatures" or dinosaur-like creatures on land. It seems strange that there are so many of those if dragons went extinct millions of years ago. ;)

    Looking forward to more posts on this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Livi! I think I remember reading it, but thanks I'll read it!

    Yeah totally! Another assumption that comes with the word "Dinosaur" is "reptile" which brings up quite a few problems I didn't have time to go into in this post.

    Yeah it is kinda sad. But it's like Romans says "professing to be wise they became fools". As long as we Know and can give an answer as to why then I think we did our job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've gotten to the stage where I like to casually mention the fact there really used to be dragons around. I'm thinking dinosaurs, though I don't tend to say that straight off.
    And I don't think the dinosaurs disappeared all that long ago. There's a slight chance they could still be around. There's been reports of seeing enormous unknown creatures in some of the islands of New Guinea and deep parts of Africa. None verifiable of course, but still possibly true. One of my brother once expressed a wish to go looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brie! Thanks for stopping by!

      Oh I know all about those sightings and newer sightings but I didn't have time to get into all that. How funny! That is what I would like to do one day, go and find myself my own dragon :D

      Delete
  10. Wow. I love this! That is so fascinating to think about. My sis will love this. She is the hugest fan of both dinosaurs and dragons xD well done! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! How cool! Since doing this post I'm superseded at how many other people out their like dragons/dinosaurs like I do.

      Delete
  11. I'm late to this, but you have an interesting theory. I don't believe dinosaurs exist, but what you say does make sense. I might just have to do my own research into this.
    (I love Toothless, so if someone mentions a dragon, that is my first thought, lol.)

    Great post, backed with facts and of course the One Truth over all. Amazing job. :D

    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ivie! First off I would like to thank you for dropping a comment and I hope you find your time here to be enjoyable!

      Wait so you don't believe dinosaurs existed? or did you mean dragons? That's cool! I'm a Toothless fan as well, not as big as you and Rae but still there :)
      Thanks Ivie!

      Delete
    2. I don't really believe either existed, though your theories do have me intrigued for more research. I just don't feel the Bible proved the existence of dinosaurs. Now, I do know about the mentions of Dragons and would have to look more into that. I haven't familiarized myself with the context well enough to be able to state a full opinion.

      I do think you make some great points that have me wonder more about the existence. I just feel like a lot of people use dino's to prove the theory of evolution.

      All in all, this was a great post that got me thinking, which I always like to find.

      God bless you! :)

      iviewrites.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Okay. That is a rather interesting view (not trying to offend just saying it's interesting). And I'm glad this post has got you thinking and searching. I'd have some questions for you view out of curiosity (and respect) but we needn't get into them here if you do not wise to.

      Yes that is true. Dinosaurs have been used to try and "prove" evolution. But I wouldn't count them out because of that. For lots of Gods creations have been used to try and prove evolution such as dogs, cats, whales, fish, monkeys, plants, birds, frogs, and so on and so forth.

      I'm glad this post got you thinking. I hope it leads to a better knowledge and praise of God for you as you search! And remember if you have a question or just something you would like to tell me without posting in the comments please feel more then free to use the "Contact Me". God bless you as well my fellow traveler!

      Delete
    4. I'm willing to answer questions here or over on my blog if you want to ask them. I'm always open to conversation.

      That is another excellent point that I didn't think of. I think when people don't want to believe the truth, they form their own version that's warped and distorted.

      It definitely has me curious. Time to search for verses about this because I want to know more. I've known people who believe in dinosaurs and those who don't. I'm open to learning more and expanding my knowledge on Biblical truths.

      Thank you for your kindness in this discussion. It seems to be rare these days to find people with differing opinions that are willing to have a respectful conversation.

      Delete
    5. Oh okay cool! Well then if you don't mind I would love to know what you do with bones of Dinosaurs and Dinosaur fossils if they never existed? Do you think they are fakes made up by evolutionist?

      Yes I totally agree with that. It's like the Bible says "...professing to be wise they became fools..." and so they twist and distort until the end result is like "what the heck? you mean to say you believe humans evolved from Aline poop?"

      That's Great! Happy Hunting! Your actually the first person I've met/seen comment that doesn't believe dinosaurs. So you'll have to forgive my pressing, you've sparked my interest and I want to know you arrived at that conclusion. In a Friendly way of course :D

      Oh no thank you for being willing to share! I know it can be scary especially when people are quick to just fire off the hip. Yeah I know what you mean, most people get very defensive and harsh when their view isn't accepted by someone else.

      Delete
    6. That is an excellent question and one I haven't really thought about much. My conclusion would be, if I'm even correct because there is a large chance I'm not, that they are just rock. I know that is a little difficult to believe seeing as they build large structures and things of that nature. The other reason is we call it "fossil fuels," but wouldn't the fuels have run out at this point? My answer to that would be God supplies us with what we need. Which could prove/disprove dinosaurs in a way.

      Honestly, I'm open to changing my mind. I feel God will reveal to me what He wants me to know and I will go with that. My belief stems out of my own interpretation of what the Bible says. I could be very, very wrong. As I dive deeper into the word, my opinion will change on things.

      I don't really understand how evolutionists could believe such a complex creation could come from accident. It just doesn't make sense. Sure, God doesn't make sense sometimes, but I know He is in control and He knows what He is doing. I believe in that because I feel it deep inside of me.

      You're the first person I've spoken to with a completely opposite opinion that has still been friendly. So, thank you for that. Last person I completely disagreed with was rude.

      Of course, I don't completely disagree with you. You've brought up some great points that have me questioning what I thought. Its always good to be challenged in that way.

      I don't mind sharing my opinion. I have a lot of them, lol. I'm the type of person who will stand by what they believe, especially when it comes to Jesus. But if someone proves me wrong, (Not on Jesus. There's no proving Him wrong.) then I'm willing to research what I thought to be true and find out if its wrong or not.

      To me, there's no reason to be harsh. We will all have different opinions and only God can judge that.

      If you have anymore questions, I'll be willing to answer them. :D

      Delete
    7. And I'm sorry for the long comment. Didn't realize it got that long.

      Delete
    8. No need to apologize I really don't mind long comments

      Delete
    9. Interesting. See fossils are just rocks. The reason we see the outline of bones is because of "petrification". But if you look up what petrification means it will say "A long proses" which is a lie. Petrification happens rather fast. But if we are just assuming that there was no organic material to petrify and that it all just really is rock. How would it form into what we call dino bones? I mean I've seen some strange rock formations, but never have I seen two strange rock formations that look exactly alike. Oh and if I remember right fossil fuels, you know coal and gas, is the result of decay of organic material (i.e Plants and animals). In other words a lot of dead things keep are cars running. Which, if I may add, provides even more prof of a world wide flood in which everything but those in the Arc died.

      Yeah it sounds like a lot of work to be an evolutionist :D I'm to simple for that. But usually when we think God doesn't make sense it's because we have yet to figure out what He is doing.

      Well thank you. But I wasn't always like this. Truth be told I haven't always been this way, I'm able to have friendly conversations with people who disagree with now because God worked a great deal on my heart. I use to be that rude person :)

      Yes challenges are great! And that is one of the reasons I like people with different opinions. Because if everyone believed the same thing then we couldn't be challenged to grow or search at all.

      You and I are very alike in that way. The only thing I will truly argue about is when it comes to Jesus Christ and the Gospel(But I'll still try to do it in a loving way). If someone has wrong thoughts or beliefs about those to thing I'll try and show them how they are wrong. I mean to me everything else is a secondary issue and if I'm wrong or right doesn't really matter. We can have friendly debates about it but in the end it is a secondary issue and has nothing to do with the real issue man faces which is how can man get right with God.

      Thank you for being so willing to share your opinions!

      Delete
    10. I feel the same way when it comes to God and everything about the Gospel. I won't waver in my opinions on that.

      God transforms hearts and its so amazing. I used to call people idiots, but felt Him tell me I shouldn't. Haven't called anyone an idiot since. I also don't really call people stupid or dumb. I say their actions are stupid. A person is created by God.

      That was off topic, though, lol. Evolutionists just don't get it. There is no way people came from monkeys.

      The theories you have are quite interesting. And I could see the connection to the Flood, which I never thought of before. I have this belief that the earth makes more of what we need. Not really the earth, though, but God using the earth to provide for us just as He promised.

      I think whenever I read the word dragon in the Bible, I thought of a large creature. Not dinosaur, but a different creature that might still be here to this day. But, I think I need to dive deeper in God's Word for research. I do think you are on to something.

      God bless you! :D

      Delete
    11. That's good! I mean it is the only thing we shouldn't waver on!

      It is! the way He changes our hearts is amazing! though painful sometimes. Yeah I get it, I mean I still playfully call my sibs idiots. But I never really mean it. I don't mind off topic. It's been a great conversation thus far :D

      Hahaha I know right! I mean some people may look like a monkey but that doesn't mean we ARE monkeys :P Well thank you. They have been formed thanks to men who have put in a lot of time reaching this stuff. Like all the dudes at Answers In Geniuses. Though the theory on knights and dragons is my own.

      Yeah I get that. I mean after all this earth would not be able to support life if God wasn't providing it. I mean if God was not sustaining us through His grace.

      Oh really? It wasn't until recently that I've started thinking of them as dinosaurs. I mean I always though as some kind of giant reptile like animal. Yes but deeper research in into God's word is never a bad thing. In fact it can only deepen your knowledge of God, which is a good thing :)


      Delete

I love seeing what you have to say, and I try to always respond to every comment so feel free to come back and check