Saturday, July 28, 2018

My First Writing Recap!


Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever writing recap!
So I wanted to share with all of you what I've been working on behind the scenes here, but I couldn't really think of a good way to post it. But now I think I've finally got an idea how, believe me this kind of post is just as new to me as it is for you to see a post titled this and realize that it's author is me. Especially when you consider that I've never done this before. 

So I don't know how many of your remember (or even know) that for the last year I have been working on a novel I titled

IRON GAUNTLET

It was a Science fiction story about a guy who loses his memory after having nano-bots implanted in his body. It was a crazy story that was almost more comic book like then your typical Christian Science fiction, but it was coming along well.

That was until I reached about half way through writing it. It was then that I noticed that I wasn't really writing it because I wanted to tell this story, or at lest I don't at this time, but I was writing it because I wanted to publish something. Which isn't the best motive for writing a story. It takes what I like to call the "fun" out of writing a story. I mean I story is more then just words on a paper that is published.

 So I took some time off from writing it. And during that time I considered what I had of it so far and where it was going. After taking some writing classes I've come to the conclusion that it's time to stop it for now. It's not that I've giving up on the story or anything but I just want to give it some shelf time.

Don't worry I'm still writing. 

In fact if you've been reading my serial story called Quantum Gears your probably wondering were chapter 3 is. Well I'm happy to report that it's almost done! If everything goes smoothly it will be released on the second or third week of August, with a new cover as well! I know I haven't been as consistent with posting the chapters as I (And hopefully you) would like. But to off set that longer wait I'm making this chapter longer then the other 2. It will also be introducing a new character, a new town and a surprising twist in the end. If you've enjoyed Quantum Gears so far then I can assure you that you'll love this next chapter!

That's not the only thing that's happing in my writing life. Since I've made the diction to stop writing Iron Gauntlet I've been doing a little prep work to start on a new novel. 

Right now I'm trying to choose which story to write, a fantasy retelling of the price and the popper, or a modern day story about the son of Ares. 

Let me know your thoughts on which I should do! That would be a big help actually! (or I may just start both)

But that's not the only thing that's going to be taking place. I'll also be writing and releasing my first ever novella!

The title (as it stands now) is To Reach Darkness.

It is a story about two orphaned twin brothers, Icarus and Judas, who live in modern day England. The story will center around Judas as he comes to grips with his past and what his future will hold.

That's about all I can say about it for now, I'll release more info as I get closer to finishing it. 

Well that's about all I've got for today's post. Sorry for the shorter post today.
I've been working on a couple things behind the scenes that I can't wait to show you all. But that will be a post for a latter day.

Until Next time! Stay True to the King!

15 comments:

  1. THAT NOVELLA SOUNDS EPIC!!! Wow, it takes a lot to stop writing something, but as you said, the fun was being taken out of it, so it makes sense. Good luck with all your new writing adventures. I look forward to seeing how it all works out! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivie! I mean I haven't said too much about it yet. Hopefully the epicenes won't die down when I release more info on it!


      Yeah it wasn't easy making the diction but in the end it had to be made, Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Good for you for coming to the decision to shelf the one story because of the motive thing. I can't tell you how many times I struggle with wanting to be published so badly that I lose sight of the real worth in writing. God continually brings me back to 'home base', reminding me that writing is a gift and it's from Him and for Him, and it will come to pass in His timing.

    And congrats on the novella news! That is most exciting and the story sounds excellent. Looking forward to reading it! And of course, finding out more in your blog story too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah it wasn't an easy decision to make either. But I think in the end it was God showing me that my motives weren't were they needed to be to write that story.

      Thanks! hopefully it will be sooner rather then later when it comes to releasing more info on it

      Delete
    2. I'm sure not - those decisions are hard ones to make, but I think it's cool that you did and heeded it as God's guidance. And I'm sure He'll bring you back to it eventually. :)

      :)

      Delete
  3. Yay more writing things! Sounds like you have some exciting stuff coming up Rockie, and can't wait to read and hear more about each one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for writing!! Can't wait to hear more about this new story called To Reach Darkness. Because that title is awesome. ;)

    Also, I tagged you for the Get To Know Me Tag at my blog. ;)

    Danielle | silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you enjoy what you will learn about the "To Reach Darkness" And I'm glad you like the title!


      Thanks for the tag! I'll go check it out!

      Delete
  5. You really do have the passion in writing. Looking forward for more of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great share! Good thing you had everything packed in one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to read your new book To Reach Darkness. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward for more of your writings. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited to read this new book of yours. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing what you have to say, and I try to always respond to every comment so feel free to come back and check