Saturday, June 13, 2020

Closing this chapter.


Hello everyone!
Life has been crazy? Has it not? It seems like only yesterday that it was odd to be wearing a mask out in public. Well now its just the accepted norm.

I know I have been gone a long time but now I'm finally going to close this chapter of my life. What does that mean? Well before I tell you that let me first give some background information so we all know where I am and where I'm going.

As many of you know I have been in University for the last three years, which is why I have been so inactive around the blogging world (one might think I was dead) as well as the socials for this account. The reason was because I had a full class load as well as two-three jobs at a time. Yes in know, I was a very busy college person.

But now all that work has paid off, I graduated with a BA in Political Studies, with an emphases in Political Theory. Not only am I the first person in my family to be a Political Studies major, but I'm also the first to graduate. And trust me when I say it was not easy being a dyslexic Political Studies major, basically all I did was read huge, complicatedly worded books on philosophy then write papers about that philosophy. But still I would not trade that experience for anything. I learned so much because of how hard my college life was.

I also happened to meet someone during my college escapade, someone who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. And guess what? I am!

If you are wondering what that means, it means that I got married. My wife is a beautiful  christian lady who not only loves the Lord but also loves to write, draw, and be creative (she graduated with a BA in Communication, emphases on Creative Writing). It was not an easy journey to this point. especially when COVID hit. Wedding planning is hard, and rescheduling a wedding ceremony, while making sure someone can still marry you when you planned to because you both already had a plan and a apartment picked out and applied too, is no easy feat. But by the grace of the Lord we where able to get married and move into our apartment.

So there, I have closed that chapter of my life for good.

So what does that mean for this blog?

Well I am excited to tell you now that my wife (Becky) and I both moving forward in our creative dreams. I will continue this blog but it will be getting a major overhaul. I'm talking themes, layout, logos, everything! We are also starting our one business/shop called Lunar Wanderers for our upcoming books, comics, and art (it already has an Instagram page @lunar_wanderers). I am still moving forward with my novel  (To Reach Darkness) and Becky has a few she books she is working on as well as writing and drawing her own comic. I have not deiced the fate of Quantum Gears yet. Would you guys be interested in me continuing that here as a wed series or would you rather I not? Also I kinda forgot how to blog so if you guys have any ideas for post either let me know in the comments or shoot me an email.

I have really missed blogging and cannot wait to get back into it.

See you all soon! -Marrok


9 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on all the big life stuff!! I am super excited to see what you and Becky have planned!!

    As for blogging... do any of us know what we are doing at this point? xD xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is true lol guess I'll have to figure something out XD

      Delete
  2. Life certainly has been crazy indeed. I'm happy for the good changes it's brought you, and congratulations!
    Looking forward to seeing the new direction you and Becky are taking your creative pursuits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on graduation and marriage! How cool that Becky is also a writer/artist-- I look forward to see what comes of this new creative team. Speaking of creativity... yes, I would like to know what happens next with Quantum Gears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY Blue! wassup?! Alright thank you for letting me know! it will be fun to continue that

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting married! Glad you were able to despite COVID. Also congrats on graduating! As far as Quantum Gears goes, I enjoyed reading it but it's really up to you if you want to keep writing it here or not. Glad to see you're not dead, and hope your creative endeavors with your wife go well!

    Anonymous the Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Major congrats on all these big life changes! Especially on getting married! Wishing you and Becky the absolute best! Looking forward to seeing both of your creative endeavors in the future!
    For Quantum Gears, I really enjoyed reading it on here but I also understand how hard it is to get a chapter written and share-able to the public in such a short time so, while I encourage you to finish it and do something with it one day, I also understand if life just isn't giving you the time to post it here.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing what you have to say, and I try to always respond to every comment so feel free to come back and check