Thursday, July 6, 2017

Dragons A Theory


     
Hello everyone and welcome back! So remember last time how we looked at history and the Bible to show that dragons and dinosaurs are one in the same thing?  If not just click HERE. Well lest time, I ended the post with a question: Since dinosaurs are what we use to call dragons. Does that mean dragons as we knew them in legend never existed? But before we can answer that we must ask, what did dinosaurs look like?

     If you're like me in any aspect then you think of them like the way they are depicted in movies like Jurassic Park and other dinosaur programs, and we didn't really question it. Now let me ask you, do we really know that dinosaurs looked like that?  I mean what did dinosaurs leave behind in their fossils for us? 

    They left us their bones, right? Okay Let's take a look at these fossils and bones and tell me what it shows concerning how they LOOKED















    Do these bones tell us what they really looked like? Not really. Sure they left us clues as to what their skin may have looked liked. And what they basically looked like. But what they really looked like is still unknown to us. Now for a moment, I want you to pretend you don't know anything about Chameleons or Geckos. Do these pictures provide us with enough information for us to know what they looked like?






       They do provide us with the basic shape and size of these lizards. But what they don't provide is actual information on what they looked like. If we didn't have Chameleons we probably wouldn't know they could change colors or shoot out their wicked cool tongues. And if we didn't have Crested Geckos running around we wouldn't know they had these cool little eyelash.
   


 (Just as a side note these pictures are not of my Chalemeon or Gecko. They are bouth alive and well)

    I don't think we can make an accurate depiction of a dinosaur so long as we don't have a live one to look at. So where does that put us with Dinosaurs and Dragons?  I don't think we can say that dinosaurs couldn't be the dragons that are depicted by some cultures. Take for instance the well-known Chinese/Japanese dragon



    It has one of the most well-known dragon looks out there. It
symbolizes power and excellence, valiancy and boldness, heroism and perseverance, nobility and divinity. It is even part of the Chinese zodiac along with 11 other real animles. But is it totally a mythological animal? Why put 11 real animals and 1 fake one in the zodiac?  On that note I would like you to say "Hi" to the Olm







If you can't see the video here is a picture. 
    
     There is no need for you to check your computer screens. This is, in fact, a 100% real animal. The Olm is an endangered cave-dwelling aquatic salamander found in Europe and is estimated to live well over 100 years. Does the Chinese dragon still seem so mythical? After all, it is totally possible that olms lived in China but went extinct. It's not totally imposalbe considering China is home to another endangered amphibian, the giant chinese salamander. The next thing I would like to introduce you to is the Microraptor and Deinonychus antirrhopus.





     When these guys were discovered they were found to both be sprouting feathers. Now though this was just regarded as "proof" of evolution the fact that these guys were not normal and seemed to provide proof of dragons was not acknowledged or though of.


   But then we also have the problem of fire breath. No animal or dinosaur could breathe fire, right?  And dragons breathe fire. Well the funny thing is breathing fire isn't as far fetched as one might believe. In his book Dinosaurs By Design Duane Gish goes over the theory of how the Parasaurolophus could have used his "horn" to store the right chemicals to produce combustion

    



like the bombardier beetle.



If it turns out that his theory is correct then that sheds a little more light on the dragon issue being not so far featched.


   Now here is my theory. I would say that it is entirely possible for dragons to exist as a sub-branch of what we call dinosaurs. After all, there is still a ton of stuff we don't know about dinosaurs. Things like what they really look like. How did they behave? What color was their skin was? Did they have frills and fins? Did they have skin that could be flashed like wings? Did their skin change colors? We just don't know.

     Now I don't know if I would say the dragons we have now in books and on Tv existed. I kind of don't think that is possible. But there are different things to consider before totally ruling it out. Things like the "dinosaur sightings" from the Civil War, WW2 (I think), Africa and Papua New Guinea. As a side note, I noticed that when you get the people's accounts of these dinosaur sightings in Africa and Papua New Guinea they sure sound like dragons. And then there is also the fact that even though we live on earth a lot of it is still a mystery to us. We haven't explored every inch of the land or sea, and we haven't cataloged all the different animals that inhabit it (not counting the ones that have gone extinct). So dragon like animals could still be out there. Now I'll never totally rule out the idea of dragons like this.
   
      But on the same note, I won't argue for it existence. After all these dragons are what we find in myth and legend. And although I think most if not all myths and legends started off a real thing, creature, or events. I also do think those accounts have been exaggerated and are not totally trustworthy.


    So to wrap up this post I do think dragons existed, but the existed in the form of some kind of dinosaur or another animal we don't know about yet. And I do think that some could breathe fire, I mean if a bug could shoot explosive fire from its butt then who says it's impossible for a dinosaur to spit fire. I do think all dragons have a foot in an actual animal that is living or did live at one point.  If you want more on the subject I would suggest you check out DRAGON LEGENDS for more info on the subject of dragons and dinosaurs.


But what do you think on the subject? I know this post it kind of like the last one but this was an aspect I didn't get to touch on in that post. Until Next Time, Stay True to the King!

Picutres and gifs used are not mine and neither do I clam them as such. All rights and credit goes to their rightul owns/creators.









19 comments:

  1. This is also a super cool post and I really like your theory! :D (and my sis also thinks they are awesome.) It's great you could do so much research and have thought this through so well. I think about it quite a bit too, but not to the extent that I have actually have reached a conclusion as to the existence of dragons and the extinction of dinosaurs xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you two where able to enjoy them! It was really fun doing the research for this post. I mean I'm always on the look out for new animal discovers and when I cam across the Olm I was like "wow, that looks like a dragon". I would love to one day got into places like Papua New Guinea and other places like it to see for myself what kind of animals are there.

      Delete
  2. Great!
    That Chinese Dragon fish thingy is so cool. :D
    I think that some dragons did breathe fire.
    In Job, Leviathan is mentioned breathing smoke and fire. So whether or not they truly did, I like to think that they could. ;)
    Really enjoying these posts, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megs! Yeah the olm is soo cool looking!
      Oh yeah I remember that, it isn't unbelievable though. So it's totally believable

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is a really amazing post! I've kinda thought that dragons = some type of dinosaur, but this post really cleared things up. You explained everything so well!

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey! I think dragons most likely are some kind of dinosaur but I can't say for sure without a real one. I mean it is still possible that a dragon like animal is still out there somewhere.

      Delete

  4. Interesting post! I snooped through the link you gave on the dragon legends, and noticed an account by Herodotus in The Histories was listed. I own a copy of The Histories, and pulled it out to see for myself. (Looking through ancient history to find out about dragons- I’m in full nerd now) Sure enough, I found it in book two. It mentions snakes that ‘have two horns growing from the top of their heads’ (which are still about) and ‘winged snakes’ (mentioned again in book three). The full account is fascinating, but also somewhat disappointing since it turns out these creatures aren’t quite the terrifying beasts we imagine dragons to be. Dragons are still very speculative at this point, but the world has grown a little bigger now and I’m enjoying exploring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blue! Really? Wow that is so cool! You went all Sherlock Holmes on us. That is so cool! If I remember right those "winged snakes" it talked may have been easy to kill but they had a rather nasty poison. That is true, But it would be fun to find one alive.

      Delete
  5. Wow, great post! :D I think I've always kinda thought that dragons were dinosaurs, but never put much time or thought into it. Thank you for sharing all of your research! It's been super helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still think dragons are a part of the dinosaur branch, but you never know

      Delete
  6. This was a really interesting post! I'm actually kind of into dragons/dinosaurs, and have quite a few books about them. One book, "Dire Dragons" by Vance Nelson actually shows a picture of a dinosaur skull that was found, and it looks like how we picture dragons. And another book, "Dragons of the Deep" By Carl Wieland and Darrell Williams, makes a good case for the creature Leviathan in the book of Job to be an extinct dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey hey wassup Gray? That is cool! was it an ankylosaurus skull? That always looks like a dragon to me. I actually have that book, "Dragons of the Deep" It's a great read.

      Delete
    2. No, apparently it's the skull of a Dracorex hogwartsia, which is a member of the Pachycephalosaur family (that information was not just floating around in my head; I had to look it up) ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh wow that is cool. (no complaint here) Oh the Pachycephalosaur or "bone head" family, I totally forgot about them and how dragon like they look. Thanks for sharing that! (I didn't know what a Dracorex hogwartis was until i googled it. I think I've seen that skull before i just can't remember where)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting theory. If you search YouTube, you can find videos of a mysterious flying creature that kind of looks like a dragon, but it doesn't look fake. I found that video interesting and it brought my attention to something that might be true. God works in mysterious ways and there are things He doesn't want us to see or know yet.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89i9YLQIHhw (The dude cusses in the video, so I suggest turning the volume down. I don't know why he did that.)

    It didn't look edited except for the slow-mo he did at the end to show how it flew.

    I think your theories are interesting and deserve more research. :)

    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivie, I did check out the link and it kinda looks fake to me. I mean if you look at the wings when it's flapping, there is way to long of a pause in between flaps. But who really knows right.

      That is true, there are still mysteries out there and we haven't seen all the things God has created yet.

      Thanks! I think they need more research as well :D

      Delete
    2. You're probably right. There are some things that look fake. Unfortunately, you can't trust everything out there.

      There are lots of things that have yet to be explained or probably won't ever be explained. These articles are awesome. They really have me thinking more about the beauty of the world God created. So thank you for that. :D

      iviewrites.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Yes sadly so. It's a shame really.

      Yes there are still lots of things out there that are unexplained. I'm honestly amazed every time a new kind of animal is discovered and I stand in awe of the God we serve. He gave us a world full of amazing and wonderful things that we ourselves haven't fully seen yet!

      Delete
    4. It really is amazing. There's so much out there. Not just animals, but land forms and things of that nature. Its amazing how complex He made the world and how He holds it all.

      Delete

I love seeing what you have to say, and I try to always respond to every comment so feel free to come back and check