Thursday, November 17, 2016

Book Review: INVASION



Hello and welcome to my first book review. Today I will be reviewing Jon S. Lewis’s book titled Invasion a C.H.A.O.S Novel.

OOOOooo sounds cool, what’s it about?

I’m glad you asked, let me explain…
If you explain the whole book there won't be any need for me to check it out myself, Plus it will be major spoilers
Okay then let me sum up by giving you the synopsis:

           
          He didn't ask to be a hero, but now all that stands between us and chaos . . . is Colt.

Colt McAlister was having the summer of his life. He spent his days surfing and his nights playing guitar on the beach with friends. He even met a girl and got his first car. But everything changes when his parents are killed in a freak accident. He's forced to leave his old life behind and move to Arizona with his grandfather. The only person he knows at the new high school is a childhood friend named Dani. And Oz, a guy he's sure he's never met but who is strangely familiar. But what if his parents' death wasn't an accident? His mother, an investigative reporter, was going to expose a big company. But was killed before she could release the story, what if agents from the Trident Biotech company made sure she couldn't go public? Vowing to uncover truth, Colt is drawn into a secret world of aliens, shape-shifters, flying motorcycles, and invisible getaways.

The invasion has begun.



I give Invasion   Badger claws



       So why do I like it? Well it has a superhero feel to it. The book is kind of like a comic origin story. So we are introduced to this rad dude from Cali who ends up in a military training school with aliens for classmates. Thought I should mention that the military training school doesn’t happen until the second book. I personally like the alien/superhero feel the book has. With worlds unseen by us that are host to powerful aliens. I guess it kind of reminds me of superman (big fan of the Super’s). The author of the books is also a comic geek like me so it was fun seeing him pay homage to his favorite heroes and his favorite comics (some of which I have read). There are some flails/negatives in the story. At times the main character, Colt, can be annoying sometimes as he often jumps on to the poor little him train and rides it for a few chapters then gets off then back on it. I mean yea I get is Parents just died but sometimes it annoys me just a little. Also the story builds to a climax that is over just a little too quickly. And at the end you feel like "and that's it?". It is a YA story so that may be the reason for the very quick and rather unsatisfying ending (though I am not saying all YA books are like that). Other than that it’s a pretty fine read for anyone looking for a quick sci-fi novel. Oh I may have forgot to mention that it is a ‘Christian’ novel but the only thing remotely ‘Christian’ about them is like one verse that is mentioned out of context (which annoys me a little) and is therefore not really seen (by me at lest) as a 'Christian novel'.

If you are interested in picking up this Book you can do so by clicking Here

Pictures and gifs used are owned by their respective creators and I do not clam any of them as my own

4 comments:

  1. Nice review. It sounds like an interesting book, though not really my type.
    It's frustrating when supposedly labeled "Christian books" really aren't Christian at all. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah it is a little frustrating to read "Christian books" than turn out to have nothing to do with Christ. I usually am like "yea it was a nice story. But where was Christ? if you hid Him then you did a great job because no one saw Him" after

      Delete
  2. I read that book once. Or skimmed it. I can't remember... I think I liked it well enough to finish, but not enough to pick up the next one at the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it's an okay read. Not the best but not the worst. It's just one of those "Okay" books

      Delete

I love seeing what you have to say, and I try to always respond to every comment so feel free to come back and check