Sunday, August 18, 2019

Revisiting Old Journals Tag- An introduction to my newest project


Hello everyone, it must be strange to see another post from me 0.0
But I'm back and this time I'll be using a tag to help me introduce my newest story!  

First off let me Thank Megs from Stories and Musings for bring the one to tag me with this tag (and give me an excuse to flaunt my newest project). The rules of this tag are quite simple,
"Go through your old journals (writing or otherwise), and share something from them: from world-building to sketches, to random quotes, to an entry, to short snippets of writing."

So let us start this Adventure!

If I haven't stated before I am currently working on a story titled "To Reach Darkness" that I am about half way down with. (I'm actually done with a short story version that I used for a class, if your interested in seeing it shoot me an email). But here is the story journal I have for it.

Idea: Light vs. Darkness, but is darkness really bad? or just an idea pushed on an element?

Based: Modern England

Main Protagonist
Name: Judas
Look:



 Protagonist type: A combination of the Wounded Animal/Monster
(if these names don't make scenes check out my post about it here)

Ability: New Herald Of Darkness/master of shadows

Now that is the journal entry for him. Lets take a look at a snippets from the journal.


Darkness… That’s all I could see. A cold wind rushed past me as the shadows I called ominously left their places on the street and buildings to answer my summoning. The pull of them was so strong it caused even the nearby trees to bend a knee. The shadows rushed towards me like a park of ravenous wolves would after their prey. As they leap from the floor and latched onto my arms they went numb with coldness, as if my arms had been transported to deep space. I also felt a similar numbness in my legs. The almost constant throbbing pain in my temple started to subside as two shadows rested on opposite sides of my forehead, it was weird how this almost constant pain only stopped when these shadows rested there.

            And just like that the wind ceased and the trees stood back up, it had seemed like everything had retuned back to normal. Well, that is, everything but me. I stood there in the middle of the street, living darkness had become my armor. I Looked down to see my hands, they seemed to have been replaced with monster hands made from shadows. My feet had also been replaced with that of a shadow monsters. And although the wind had stopped I could feel my jacket been teased by the odd flicking of a tail.

 Normal people would probably scream if this happened to them, maybe even call the nearest pope asking if they may be possessed. But this, this was the most normal I’d ever left. Light streamed from the heavens, but not due to the light of stars or even a street light. I squinted my eyes as the all to familiar light grew in intensity. Icarus had always been so bright! A light I could never reach, a height I could never soar to, I constant reminder of what I wasn’t. I gritted my teeth as his figure came into view 

“Have you finally left your place up high to save me?! You should have stayed at home Angel boy!”

“I don't want to fight you brother! Judas, please, don’t do this.

“It’s too late for pleas” was the last thing I whispered as I leaped towards him. the wind rushed in my ears as I left the ground with so much force that the street cracked. The final fight between the light and darkness had begun. 

Well that's all I have for you today, What do you think? would you like to know more about this project? more about the world-building? Let me know and tell me what you think in the comments down below.

Thanks again to Megs for being awesome!

And until next time, stay true to the King!


9 comments:

  1. Dude, that snippet... EPICNESS.

    I may *steal* this tag because I'm looking for some post ideas and I've been getting into journaling recently, especially about my writing. I'll have to go into my writing journal. My personal journal is too angsty for the world. 😂😂

    Nice to see you back again.

    Brooke @Chasing Dragonflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you XD If you feel like stealing this tag then go head by all means!

      Thanks! it's nice to be back

      Delete
  2. Woah! That sounds super cool! I for one would be very much interested in knowing more about the project and worldbuilding. Thanks for posting!

    Anonymous the Gray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous the Gray! I guess I'll start working on that post then!

      Delete
  3. Good to hear from you again, Marrok!
    Thanks for sharing a bit of your latest project-- that's a pretty intense snippet.
    If you want another tag I have this one here for you:
    https://tobeashennachie.wordpress.com/2019/07/20/the-weapon-tag/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me? Awesome? Gee...thanks! You're pretty cool yourself!
    Hey, a tag's a great excuse to promote a new project. xD
    I like your art style. It's really cool!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your posts! And more about this story. Tis intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *knocks cautiously on blog* Been a while since we've heard from you. Everything okay?

    Anonymous the Gray

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing what you have to say, and I try to always respond to every comment so feel free to come back and check